The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Monday, October 1, 2012

Zucchini Lemon Bread

Another successful Zucchini recipe!
 
Woo Hoo!!!!!
 
 
 
I came across this one on Pinterest.
I have actually created a whole board JUST for zucchini recipes!
Comes in handy when I pick a bucketful of them!
 
 
I didn't add the glaze to this one because I put it in the freezer.
I'll glaze it when I take it out!
 
 
Zucchini Lemon Bread
 
Recipe From: HERE
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil ( I used 1/2 cup applesauce)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
Juice of 1 lemon (or 2 Tablespoons lemon juice)
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup grated zucchini
 
Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
Juice of 1 lemon (or 2 Tablespoons lemon juice)
 
Instructions
  1. Blend flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
  2. In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and blend well.
  3. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and blend everything together, being careful not to overmix.
  4. Pour batter into greased 9×5? loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  5. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice until blended.
  6. Drizzle glaze over loaf. Let glaze set, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment