The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Friday, October 19, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Granola

We bought some granola at the "Horse and Buggy Store"( aka Stringtown.)
It is good but it was pretty expensive!
 
 
I decided to go through my Pinterest boards and make some of my own!
The kids love granola as a snack and I like that it's kinda healthy when I make it.
 
 
 
Preston and I chose a Pumpkin Granola recipe.
We like pumpkin.
 A lot.
 
 
This one didn't disapoint!
 
 
 
I pinned the original recipe from Dashing Dish.
 
Pumpkin Granola
 
4 cups old fashioned oats
2 t cinnamon
1 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup baking stevia/sugar substiute/sugar (I used the Spenda baking blend)
1/2 t salt
1 t baking powder
3/4 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup applesauce
3 T maple syrup or honey
 
 
 
Preheat oven to 325.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the dry ingredients together.

 
Mix the wet ingredients together in a seperate bowl.

 
Mix it all together until combined.
 
Spread it on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Stir, and then bake another 20-30 minutes.
I did two 20 minute sessions, and then did another 10 minutes to make it a little more crispy.

I think I should have baked it even longer.
The granola that was on the outer edges of the pan got crispy but the rest didn't.
(I will bake it longer next time.)
 
Let it cool completely.



 
You can stir in chocolate chips, teddy grahams or marshmallows like Preston!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment