The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Egg Sausage and Biscuit Cups


We have a serious love for breakfast around here.
Especially when I can make them ahead of time and freeze them for another day!
These little biscuit cups are some of our favorites.
I make a dozen of them and freeze half.
Dustin will often grab one on his way out the door in the morning!


Egg, Sausage and Biscuit Cups

1 package Grands Pull apart biscuits
8 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 lb sausage, cooked and drained (I used spicy sausage)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

I used my jumbo muffin pan to make these.
I think they would work in a regular sized muffin tin as well.

Lightly spray the muffin pan with Pam.
Preheat oven to 350.
Wisk together the eggs and milk.
Add salt and pepper.

Technically, the package of Grands biscuits would make 16 egg cups if you pulled each biscuit in half...but I like to do just one round of baking.
So, a few of my cups have a whole biscuit in the bottom because I only have room for 12 egg cups!

Flatten the biscuit and press into the bottom of each muffin cup.
Put the cooked sausage in the bottom.
Top with the egg mixture.
Then sprinkle on the cheese.

Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are done.

If freezing, let them cool in the fridge then wrap each one in saran wrap.
I've frozen them for about a month and they were still really good!
You can either thaw them overnight in the fridge or unwrap them and put them straight into the microwave!



No comments:

Post a Comment