The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Friday, October 5, 2012

A quilt in a day....

I pinned a picture on Pinterest and the title was "Quilt in a Day."
 
 
There weren't any directions because the link led nowhere....annoying.
 
But it was obvious from the picture that it was just strips of fabric which made a quick and simple quilt.
My kind of quilt!
 
I thought I'd try it out and get started on Preston's "Big Boy Room" at the same time.
 
 
I LOVE this John Deere fabric and have been hoarding it to use for his room.
I figured I wouldn't be able to find it when I needed it....so I have quite a bit of it!
But that's a good thing because I have big plans for it.
 
 
 
I just used big strips of the John Deere fabric and small strips of the solid white.
If I'd had some light blue or a navy blue I would have used that instead of the white...but I didn't have any!

 
I think it turned out pretty cute!

 
I used a solid yellow flannel on the back and it's super cozy and warm.
 
Preston drug it to his room as soon as he saw it and it's now in his bed where he insists on using it every night.
 
 
I did get it done in a day but it's not a very big quilt.
I would call it "crib size."
 
I think we'll use it as a throw on his John Deere furniture and we can snuggle with it during story time!
 
Not sure why this is so small but this little couch is going to look really cute in his room!

No comments:

Post a Comment