The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chenille Baby Blanket

This is not a new project but I thought I should share anyway.  It is one of my most favorite things that I have EVER made.  And that's saying a lot.

I came across Aesthetic Nest through another crafty friend of mine and I fell in LOVE with the cut chenille blanket tutorial.  I had to have one.  In boy colors of course.

I did buy the chenille cutting tool. It's  A LOT of cutting and I think I would have given myself carpal tunnel without it!

It's a really nice sized blanket for Preston.  We use it on the floor for playtime a lot and I plan to use it in his crib once he can have blankets.  It is SO WARM.  Sometimes Peighton and I snuggle under it while he is napping!  She really wants one of her own, but it is such a daunting task knowing how much time it takes!  She's still waiting...

The process was really easy although it did take a lot of time and a lot of boring straight lines of sewing. 
I made my own binding-I never have luck with the actual blanket binding....maybe I need more practice!

Here are some pictures of my John Deere version.  It's pretty cute. And it gets softer every time I wash it.  Wish I had a big one for me this winter!!!


Whenever I get around to making Peighton one I will take pictures of the process.  That could be a while though!

2 comments:

  1. I love this one B! It's on my very long "to-do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should really move it to the top of your list. It is the most fabulous blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete