The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Too many zucchini to count...

The kids and I planted a garden this spring.

Just a few things...cucumbers, peas, tomatoes, peppers, and of course zucchini.

Everything has done pretty well....except for the zucchini....it has done EXCEPTIONALLY well.



We have made more zucchini recipes than I can remember.
Most have been pretty good and the kids have eaten it.

I have shredded and frozen somewhere around 20 cups of zucchini for future recipes.
I've even given some away and yet there are still....more...zucchini.

So, the kids and I decided to use a few for some art!

I cut them up and used them for stamps.


I used my  mini cookie cutters to make a few shapes and we also used the flat part of the zucchini too.


Preston LOVES to paint.


He was very intrigued by the shape on the zucchini.


And this is Preston becoming a smurf...



We had a messy, fun afternoon!

Peighton asked if we were still going to eat it when we were done....no worries, kid, we have plenty!


Now, we have to go check the garden....I bet there's a few more waiting for me...







No comments:

Post a Comment