The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pizza Dough Mix for the Pantry

Another GREAT mix to keep on hand for quick meals is a Pizza Dough Mix!
We love to make homemade pizza.
Peighton and Preston do the toppings which is always fun!

I tried THIS RECIPE and it was really good!
I will be keeping the dry mix in my pantry from now on.


I cut the recipe in half because if it was bad I didn't want to waste 12 cups of flour and all the other ingredients!
But now that I know it's good I will make the whole recipe next time.


Pizza Dough Mix
12 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
3T salt
3T baking powder

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl and store in airtight container.

To make Dough you'll need:
1 cup hot water
 1 1/2 t fast rising yeast
 3 cups dough mix
2 T olive oil

Add yeast to hot water in a bowl and set aside for a few (five-ish) minutes. Then, combine with dry pizza mix and oil kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic. Let it sit for a 30-60 minutes. (We usually go for the 30 minute time line and it comes out fine.)  Punch the dough down and then roll out to the size and shape you need.

I like to bake the crust alone for about 10 minutes then take it out and put toppings on.
Then I bake it for about 15 minutes more with toppings.
I"ve found that if I don't bake the crust by itself for part of the time the middle doesn't always get done.

This recipe is a great timesaver and is yummy too!
I think next time I make it I might replace some of the flour with whole wheat flour and see how we like that!




No comments:

Post a Comment