The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Monday, August 6, 2012

A tote for me!

I decided I "needed" a new tote bag for some upcoming weekend trips.

I pulled out one of my favorite books:
Amy Butler's Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful Bags


And found the "Reversible Shopper" pattern.

I started out using it but then made quite a few changes and ended up with a bag that only slightly resembles the pattern!



I love how mine turned out and it's quite big.
Very useful for outings with my two kiddos!

I ended up chopping about 4 inches off the length of the original pattern-it seemed so tall!
I am fairly short so the bag looked way too tall for me.

There was also a large pocket on the outside but it hid my super cute fabric so I put the pockets on the inside.

I love it and can't wait to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment