The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Friday, January 6, 2012

Something for me!

I've gotten some new sewing books lately...big surprise! ;-)

The bag on the cover of this one really excited me:
(and totally made my buy the book-good choice for the cover!!!!)

Sew Serendipity Bags: Fresh and Pretty Projects to Sew and Love

We do LOVE our ruffles around here!
And if you look closely the ruffles are scrappy patchwork ruffles-Double Love!

But it's not the one I started with.
I think it's going to take a bit of time to make that one with all the patchwork and ruffles and gathers...sounds like a perfect weekend project to me!


I did make another one for me though that was a pretty quick one to whip up.
Dustin and I have some "adult only" trips coming up this spring so of course that means I need a few new bags!


I made this small cross-body bag that has an adjustable strap.
I LOVE this Home Decor fabric and only had a bit of it left so this was the perfect use!

It's just big enough for me to carry my wallet, sunglasses, phone and camera for some fun day trips.





I love the details on the back of it.
There are D rings and swivel hooks that hold the strap on-Love hardware details on bags!

If you've seen this book, you'll notice that my bag looks a bit different from the one pictured in the book.
There was a lot of binding on the edges and some other randomness that I'm just not into.
I wanted a "clean-looking" bag and thiers was just a bit too busy for me.
That's the great part of making my own bags-I tweaked it to make it my own!

And my most favorite part is that it matches one of my "go-to" bags!
I made this one awhile ago from an Amy Butler CD that I have.
It's just a big tote bag that is SUPER useful.
I grab this bag for a day at Grandma's, or to the park, or zoo or just about anywhere!
The handles go through big grommets at the top-another small detail that makes such a big difference.

Can't wait to use my new matching bags in some sunny, warm weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment