The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pizza Roll ups

Now that christmas and New Year's are over Dustin is back to his normal travel schedule...which means he is gone a good portion of most weeks.

About an hour before dinnertime can get pretty awful around here, especially when I have to start dinner and entertain the starving short people by myself!

One thing I try to do to help minimize meltdowns is involve my kids in making dinner.
Not every meal-I'm not Superwoman!
But at least a few times a week I try to make something that both Peighton and Preston can help with.


They LOVE this.
Preston is only 18 months right now but there are plenty of things he can do-he certainly doesn't like to be left out!!!!!!
And Peighton is getting really good at most simple tasks in the kitchen-I'm pretty sure she was helping me at 18 months too!
She's a great helper with her brother too and sometimes even gives him tasks that I haven't even thought of!

Here's what we made:

Pizza Roll Ups
1 package Pillsbury Pizza dough
pizza sauce
Toppings like pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, olives, etc
Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Spread out the dough on a large cutting board.

Top with sauce, then the toppings.



Preston's job was putting on the pepperonis.


Bet you can't tell what he just did...
This little boy is such a stinker!



Sprinkle on the cheese.

Start on a long end and roll into a spiral.
Cut into 1-1 1/2" slices and transfer to a greased baking sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
I like to check them at 10, but they usually take longer!



YUM!

We like to dip them in some of the extra sauce!

They both LOVED dinner tonight!


Making simple things like these with  my kids is really fun and I am teaching them so much!
We measure things,
count things like pepperoni,
do things in a step-by-step order,
learn colors,
and numbers,
the list goes on and on!
Most of all though, I am spending TIME with my kids and making memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment