The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Rain. Rain. Rain and a little sleet today.
 
Which means we stayed home!
 
And I only had to leave the house to feed the heifer-I'm not sure when I became the chore girl....that was not in my job description!
 
 
The kids and I made some yummy Chicken Pot Pie Soup for lunch on our rainy Sunday.
 
The recipe came from HERE.
She served it with pie crust pieces....I don't like pie crust so I didn't make that part!
We had ours with some yummy bread instead.
 
 
It didn't dissapoint!
 Both kids cleaned their bowls!!!

 
 
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
 
4 T butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/8 t basil
1/8 t thyme
1/8 t celery salt
1 pinch garlic powder
1/4 t black pepper
1/3 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 can half and half (I used milk for this as well)
3 chicken boullion cubes
2-3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
2 cups cooked, diced potatoes
1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables cooked (we used carrots, peas and celery)
 
 
In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté onions until soft.
Add basil, thyme, black pepper, celery salt, & garlic powder.
 Stir and sauté for a minute.
Add flour and stir for about another minute.
 Gradually whisk in milk and half & half, making sure to whisk out lumps.
  Add bullion cubes and continue to whisk until liquid comes to a simmer and thickens.
Stir in chicken & vegetables.
 Turn heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment