The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homemade Goldfish are AWESOME!!!!


We made our own goldfish crackers.
And they ROCKED.


Technically, they were not in a fish shape....which Peighton disliked and told me I really needed to find a fish cutter.

But I was able to use some of my mini cookie cutters that I rarely use because they are just too small to frost when we make cookies out of them!

So, we had hearts, starts and butterfly crackers.



 
And they were SO GOOD.
The kids and I ate a bunch of them as soon as they cooled just a bit.

I found the recipe HERE.



Homemade Goldfish

  • 8 ounces,Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
  • 1 cup Flour
  • ¾ teaspoons Salt
  • 2 Tablespoons Cold Water


  • Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
    Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
    Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.
    Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
    Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
    Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.

    I had to bake mine a bit longer but I think my shapes were bigger than in the original recipe.
    We also found that rolling them SUPER thin made a really yummy, crispy cracker!

    Seriously SO GOOD.
    I do wonder how long they will last though since they don't have the preservatives of the store-bought ones...although I don't think they'll stick around that long!

    I think these would be such a fun snack to make for a birthday party!
    I'm thinking some crackers in the shape of "6's" may be in my future!!!!!!


    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment