The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Monday, April 11, 2011

Why have I never made a pillowcase before???

Honestly.
Why have I not done this until now?

It was so easy.
And it's cute.
And took me about 15 minutes start to finish.

I ran into my Great Aunt in the fabric store.
She was buying a bunch of fabric to make new pillowcases in all sorts of fun prints.
Side note: A lot of my vintage patterns came from my Great Aunt! She's been sewing for a LONG time!

Anyway, I thought-I need to do that.  Like now.

So, today at nap time I went to my fabric closet.
I found a bunch of large scraps from the quilt and bedskirt I made for Peighton's room...I did her room TWO summers ago!
I knew I would find a use for them sometime so I saved them from lots of other projects and now I'm really glad I did!

It turned out to be a bit scrappy because none of my pieces were quite large enough but I like it that way.
Her quilt is very scrappy looking as well so it fits nicely.

There's no pillow in it yet because it's still nap time around here!


One side is a bit different from the other because I really was just using random scraps!
I didn't have enough of the big polka dots so I had to use some small ones too.



I was going to add some ruffles and rick rack and just general girlyness but then I thought she might not like to sleep on it so I left it a bit plain.
But it still turned out quite fabulous!



I think there may be a lot of cute pillowcases in my future!



No comments:

Post a Comment