The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Summer Sundress

We are always in need of dresses around here.

Why?

Because Princess Peighton will ONLY wear dresses and her mommy gets tired of seeing her in the same ones all the time!
And when I can whip one up in just a little time why not?
She loves to help pick out the colors and fabrics too so that makes it even more fun.

I saw THIS sweet summer sundress on You Can Make This (Love that site BTW!)

We thought it would make a great addition to our summer wardrobe!
I liked that it had no zippers, buttons, snaps, or any other type of closures too-that means it is quick to make and easy for little ones to get on and off by themselves.

Peighton helped me pick some fabrics out and she played Barbies while I threw this one together during Preston's morning nap!

It was super quick to put together.


And if you  notice, our dress is slightly different from the one pictured in the pattern.
That would be because my little designer-in-training rearranged the pieces of the dress and told me to do it that way!
HA!
Love her.
And I love that she has an opinion about it!

Great pattern-very geared toward beginning seamstresses.
I think the next one we make will be in knit.
We seem to love knit dresses around here!

And she also tells me that Nellie needs one (her American Girl).
Mommy will get right on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment