The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Monday, April 4, 2011

Teardrop bag

Oh Amy Butler Style Stitches....You had me at hello!

There are just such pretty pictures in this book.
I cannot stay away from it.

I am about to make some adorable "Mommy and Me" bags and I think I found the perfect one in this book.
There are two versions of "The Teardrop bag.'
One big.
One small.
Perfect.
I decided to try out the pattern today in some random fabrics and make sure I like the bag.
I made the bigger version and it turned out really cute.
I like the pleat in the middle and the unique shape of the bag.
Super cute.

I do like the bag but I think the handle is just too long for me.
Definately shortening it next time-great reason to try out a pattern before making the "real" thing!
I also left out some details on the sides.

This is a picture from here .
You can see there are extensions on the sides of the bag.

I did not like this at all from the pictures in the book.
Kind of reminded me of a saddle bag or something.
Like it should have been used on a horse.
Totally not for me.
So, I left it off.

And I like it much better.


So, I have a few changes to make.

Oh and I have to go fabric shopping too!

No comments:

Post a Comment