The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Monday, February 20, 2012

Buttermilk Pancake Mix for the pantry

I love having convenient mixes in my pantry.
Things like pancake mix, pizza dough mix and of course cake mix!
They are so useful when I need to whip something up quickly.

But they seem kind of expensive!

I found THIS RECIPE to try my own buttermilk pancake mix!

My kids really LOVE pancakes!














For the mix, you'll need:
4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered buttermilk
2 t baking soda
4 t baking powder
1 t salt

Mix them all together and store in an airtight container.

To make the pancakes:

1 1/2 cups pancake mix
1 T melted butter or oil
2/3 cup water (I added a little bit more because it seemed too thick for me.)

Mix all together and start making your pancakes!

I love that it's just a plain mix because we can mix something different in each time we make them!
Some of our favorites include:
Mini chocolate chips
Sprinkles
Strawberries
Blueberries
Bananas
Cinnamon
So many options!

They turned out so good!
Nice fluffly buttermilk pancakes and from a mix!!!!
Good thing there's more of the mix left for another day because my kids LOVED them!

No comments:

Post a Comment