The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Peppermint Mocha like Starbucks!

I have a confession.

I LOVE Peppermint Mochas!!!!!!!
But they are quite expensive...and the Starbucks is about 20 minutes away...

So, this morning I tried out a knockoff recipe from http://www.food.com/!

Here is the recipe I used:
Peppermint Mocha

3 T Powdered cocoa

1 1/2 T peppermint syrup or Creme de Menthe (I had Creme de menthe in the pantry so that is what I used)

4 oz espresso (I used brewed coffee because we don't have an espresso machine!)

10 oz steamed milk ( I warmed mine up in the microwave)

Whipped cream

Mix the cocoa and syrup.
Add the steamed milk and espresso/coffee.
Add sugar to taste.
Top with whipped cream.

It was pretty good and close to the real thing.

Dustin said it was "Too much" when I made him try it....but he likes his coffee black-yuck!


I have to add...I must make a lot of drink recipes...my kids are currently on the floor playing with kitchen items...making "Martinis!" 
Ha! Mommy does like to make martinis too!





No comments:

Post a Comment