The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

CHEVRON tree skirt!

I've been meaning to make a tree skirt for about the last TEN years.
I bought a cheap one our very first christmas.
Each time I've pulled it out the past few years I have thought to myself how much I needed a better one!
 
I finally took the time to get it done.
 
I had pinned Amy Butler's version on Pinterest and I think that's what finally inspired me to do it.
 
 
I did download it and read through it.
But that's about as far as I got.
I decided to just start cutting and do it my own way- I figured it couldn't be THAT hard, right!?!
 
And hers had felt for part of it....I didn't want felt.
I used a cream colored duck cloth.
 
 
I was right, this was such a super easy project!
 
And I used my most favorite thing....green Chevron!
 
 
 
I think it turned out pretty cute.
 
 
It is a LARGE improvement from what we had before!
And it was easy too!
 
Follow Amy's directions if you want to make your own...or just start cutting circles like I did!
Either way, it's a fun project that made a big difference under our tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment