The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sourdough Bread- In the Bread Machine and NO starter!

We LOVE sourdough bread.
It's so yummy with soup or made into paninis or french toast....I could go on.
 
One time,
 (when I had a lot of time on my hands...a.k.a. no kids)
I made a sourdough starter that I kept in the fridge.
I made a loaf every few weeks or so and when I wasn't using it I had to "feed" it.
It made FABULOUS sourdough bread.
But it took a lot of "feeding."
 
A few years and a few kids later I know I would NEVER remember to "feed" something that didn't whine, cry or throw a fit when it needed fed. ;-)
 
 
 
When I found a bread machine recipe for Sourdough bread I was a bit skeptical.
No starter?
It doesn't have to sit for a few days before you use it?
I figured it was worth a try.
 
And it was pretty good!
 
It does taste different that a normal loaf made with a starter.
But it's still pretty good and has that distinct sourdough taste.
 
 
Sourdough Bread (made in the Bread Machine)
 
2/3 cup water (70-80 degrees)
2 T white vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature (I used plain greek yogurt)
1 T sugar
1 1/2 t salt
3 Cups bread flour
2 1/4 active dry yeast
 
Add all ingredients in this order.
(wet ingredients always in the bottom, then dry ingredients and the yeast last)
Choose the Basic cycle.
 
 


Super yummy and very easy!
We're having ours with soup tonight!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment