The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Homemade Gummy Snacks

My kids LOVE gummy fruit snacks.
They would eat the whole box if I let them!
I saw a recipe on pinterest to make our own and thought we'd try it out.

The original recipe is HERE and there are detailed directions with lots of pictures.


They were very easy to make and set up a lot quicker than I thought they would.
I had a bunch of random chocolate  molds that I used when I was teaching to make super cute crayons.
They worked quite well for this too!

The blue ones are the Jell-O version.

The red are a Raspberry Apple juice flavor made with fruit juice concentrate.

Peighton and Preston liked them (Preston REALLY liked them!)
I am not quite as fond of them.
I tried both.
They are just a bit odd.
If we make them again, I think we will pick a different flavor of juice and use one less package of the gelatin.
But the kids both like them so that's all that matters!

I think it would be a fun thing to make for a birthday party if you made them to match the theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment