The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Meet my new BFF

I love to read.

Always have and hopefully always will.
My dad always has a book that he is in the middle of reading.
I think I am the same way.

I love getting lost in a book and not being able to put it down until I finish it.

Recently, my reading has been put on the back burner...unless you count "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb" and "That's Not my Tractor" as nightly reading...

I just don't have the time to browse the library or the bookstore for myself.

So, I decided to get a Kindle.
Best. Decision. Ever.


I am in love.
I've had it for about a month and have gotten to finish THREE whole books!!!!
I always have it with me.
I took it on vacation with multiple books just waiting for me to get to them and took up about the same room as ONE of Preston's diapers!

And I love that if I finish what I'm reading all I have to do is browse my wishlist and click "BUY" and in about a minute I have a whole new book!
Amazing.
Don't even have to get up if I don't want to.

I do think it's a bit blah in the looks department though.
I decided to jazz it up just a bit.

Here's what I came up with:


I made a slipcover for it!
I used my embroidery machine to make a sweet "B" on the front.


It's hard to see but there is a velcro pocket on the left (in case I want to carry the charger with me on long trips).
And the corner pockets keep it right where I need it.
I considered many ways to hold it in there but this seemed like the best way to still be able to use all the buttons and not be in the way of the book.
It's working great!

Some books that I recently finished:

Sing you Home by Jodi Picoult
LOVED this one.
I have read many of her books and am never disapointed.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Really enjoyed this book about African American women who were maids.

I am currently reading
Room by Emma Donoghue
Oh my is this one hard to put down!

Now, I am off to read a little more before my little people start to stir!

No comments:

Post a Comment