The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekender Tote

We are about to embark on a few fun adventures thoughout the month of July.

What does every well organized,crafty mommy need?

A fabulously cute Weekender Tote to put all the necessities of a 4 year old and an *almost* one year old!

I have been thinking about this tote since I first saw the pattern....but thought "it's too hard. There is no way I can make it!."
But I needed a challenge.
Making dresses and basic bags has become too easy.
Probably because I've made a LOT of them.

I will admit I left off the piping (that you  make yourself).
I didn't have any in my sewing stash and when I went to get started on this I had just put Preston down for a nap.
I just couldn't wait 2 hours for him to get up and then drive to the store to get some!!!!!
So, it would like a bit more "polished" maybe with the piping but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

I did go and buy piping after I was done....for the next Weekender Tote I will need!



I am absolutely in love with how it turned out!
It's bright and fun and full of room to stash everything.
I did add pockets to the inside-in her pattern there are not any inside which disappointed me so I stuck a few in.

And I had just enough of the fabric leftover to make this matching little cutie:

It's the Madison bag also from Amy Butler.
It's pretty cute too.
We will be traveling in style for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment