The cutest blog on the block black and white background

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The babies went to preschool!

It reminded me of "Mary Had a Little Lamb,"
but it was more like
"Preston had a Little Calf."
 
 
Preston's wonderful preschool teacher is doing a unit on life cycles.
 
Life cycles of bugs, animals, etc.
 
She asked if perhaps the twin calves could make the trip to school!
I had to make sure Dustin would be home to help...I don't drive the trailer...
 
 
So, one afternoon last week we loaded up those babies and headed to school!
It was quite a treat getting them on the trailer-they did NOT appreciate it!
 
 
Preston LOVED that they came to school.
I think this will be one of those moments that he talks about for a long time.
 
"Remember that time when we took the calves to school...when can we do that again, Mom??"



 
It was certainly a great experience for Preston and all his classmates.
There were some great questions.
 
One kid did want to milk them though, so we still have some work to do.
 

 
Beast was a really good sport and let the kids do pretty much whatever they wanted to!



 
I took along bottles and let the kids feed them.
It was probably the highlight of the visit!

 
This sweet friend told me "I think I need a cow."
 
It was a great afternoon sharing animal agriculture with some sweet kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment